New Year: New Promises

Here we are, January 10th and already, I've broken one of my new year resolutions.

This year, I promise to blog more. I need to take more moments and find a way to savor them. Life is fast. Sometimes moving at warp speed. But somehow, someway, I need to hit pause on the Elliott life and share the little thoughts bouncing around in my head. The older I get, the more likely these little thoughts will just bounce right out of my ear so I need to get them out while they're still dancing around.

This week has been one of those ridiculously crazy weeks that has distracted me from this blog. I flew to Vegas last Monday to support my client, Microsoft, and their efforts at CES.

It was busy time and if I told you everything that happened, I literally would be tying for a week straight. So here's the highlights:
  • Filmed a demo video showing off the new Kia Uvo system
  • Had two of the funniest client dinners ever which included some of the oddest topics known to man. Topics I can't even say on this blog due to the grossness of the subjects.
  • Stayed at the Palazzo and my room was 720square feet
  • Loaded content on to hundreds of USB drives in my giant room
  • Stayed up way too late, way too often
  • Only gambled with $20 and walked away winning $60
  • On my feet way too often
  • Went to two press events with more than 1,000 journalists at each that lasted over three hours each
  • Spent nearly 20 hours on the CES showroom floor directing press and trying to stay hydrated
  • Missed lunch both days while on the floor
  • Went to the Microsoft party where I watch some geeks let lose
  • Had dinner with porn stars Ron Jeremy (who passed out at the table) and Velvet Skye who answered all of our questions about the porn industry. She was also very excited that her movie, the Desperate Housewives of Bondage was up for an award
  • Enjoyed some of the best steaks and wine I've ever had
I'm now sitting in the Marriott at the RenCen in Detroit in a room about a third of the size of the one in Vegas. I'm here w/ Microsoft to attend the North American International Auto Show, one of my personal favorite trade shows as I get to see some old friends from my TV days. It will again be a long couple of days but I'm sure it won't be anything like last week as we're just here supporting news we announced last week.

While it's been busy and I've enjoyed tremendous success on the work front, I'm still not completely happy as I miss Kristen and Zakary so much. She sent me some pictures of the little guy today and it took all my strength not to cry. I miss them that much. Yeah, it's only been a week, but they are my life. And really, when you think about it, I went to Vegas and Detroit for them. I can't wait to see that little boys face, to get a hug and a super sloppy wet kiss. I also can't wait to hold my wife again. Unfortunately, our reunion is going to have to wait as the day I go home, she leaves for her job. Ugh.

All in all, it's been a really good trip and everyone around me seems happy-- and at the end of the day that's good. I just want the end of this trip to come in order to see those I love with all my heart and soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

top